Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Return of Wendy's!!


A couple of years ago all the Wendy's Restaurants in our city, closed :( It was a big disappointment to the kids and I...for no other reason than the delicious Frosty!

Last year when we were in New Mexico we spotted a Wendy's and had large Frosties for a meal.

About a month ago we were out driving and we were stuck at a red light waiting for the turn signal. Thankfully the wait was a bit long b/c as we were waiting we happened to look across the street to where the old Wendy's Restaurant was. And surprise! surprise! The Wendy's sign was turning!! And there was a sign that said "Grand Opening" and there were people there!!!

We were excited!

Yesterday after swim class the kids asked if we could get a Frosty. When it comes to such things, I'm a bit of a push-over. We went.

It was about 11 AM and it was very busy!! Seemed like an over-abundance of workers in the kitchen and behind the counter as well. We ordered our 3 Frosties and I went to fetch some spoons. The spoon area was empty. I asked for a spoon. "We are all out of spoons." I was told.

Now I don't know when I have last been at a restaurant of the Fast Food Variety when they have been out of a staple item like spoons. "She's gonna want her money back too." I heard one of the ladies say. "You can drink it with a straw," she added. They found me ONE spoon. If I had wanted to drink it with a straw it would be a milkshake and we were not there for milkshakes. I took the spoon for myself and gave the kids a fork and a straw. They didn't care, they were just happy to be back in the land of Frosties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is in a frosty ? I've never had one unless it is called something else in another fast food place.

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

Follow our signals NOW & gain up to 270% per day.