Saturday, January 5, 2008

"Hee-haw Hee-haw" Banana


Our burro banana, a.k.a. the “hee-haw hee-haw” banana (dd called it that when I had forgotten what it was called and asked her) was already looking pretty ripe when we purchased it, so I figured we’d better taste it before it got over-ripe (which would automatically make my dd not want to taste it – she likes her bananas almost green).

The burro banana looks very similar to a regular banana, but it is shorter and kind of chubby and squarish.

Since the banana had evidence of being ripe for the eating – I was surprised that it was a bit hard to peel, like a green banana would be.

The burro was also hard when I sliced it in half. I thought it tasted like an unripe, bland, green banana. Dd thought it had a “hint of cucumber” in the flavor, and did not like it. It wasn’t sweet at all – I didn’t like it. Supposedly it has a lemon-banana flavor – but I didn’t notice any lemon flavor.

From what I read on the burro it was ripe –so I guess that is just the way it tastes.


0 comments: