Monday, January 28, 2008

Forelle Pear

For some reason, the kids do not like pears. I can understand ds's dislike b/c he doesn't like most fruit - but dd loves fruit and she loves apples - so why not pears??

I saw these cute little pears and despite knowing that they would be almost automatically rejected by the kids, I bought them anyway. They were $1.99 per lb.

Forelles are visibly appealing...the contrast of the yellow and red peel and the petite size (almost 1/2 the size of a "normal" pear) make them mighty cute!

They were crisp on the outside and juicy and sweet inside. The sweetness had a caramel flavor.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Oh, I wish I could find some of these! My son loves pears. I love a good pear, which is hard to come by sometimes in the grocery stores.

Ice Cream said...

Very interesting flavor description. I will have to keep my eyes open for these.

My kids and my hubby all dislike pears. I think it has to do with the coarse texture.