Friday, March 5, 2010

Tennis Comeback :)

Today I played tennis for the first time since that fateful day some 7 months ago.

I wasn't too sure I'd be brave enough to attempt playing...every time I'd think about it I'd flash-back to the ankle breaking and feel apprehensive...

But today it was beautiful outside and at supper we were talking about tennis and I decided to give it a try.

We drove to the tennis court and it was full - we drove to another park and the court there was empty.

We didn't actually play a real game, there was no score-keeping (thankfully!) and I didn't go overboard trying to make difficult plays.

Every once in awhile there would be a ball coming towards me in a certain way and I'd think "this is how it happened 7 months ago"... but I enjoying playing nonetheless.

Guess the tennis season has officially begun.

2 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

Glad that you gave it a try! You will feel more confident each time you play!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Tennis is a wonderful sport!