Sunday, February 7, 2010

Clara's Kitchen - Book Review

A year or so ago I stumbled upon some YouTube videos of an elderly woman named Clara.

Clara talked about growing up in the Great Depression - and shared some simple recipes she remembers from way back when. The videos are quite short, but they were fun to watch.

At the library a few days ago I found a book displayed on a rack "Clara's Kitchen" Wisdom, Memories, and Recipes from the Great Depression.

It was about the Clara!

It's just a small little book - not very many recipes and the recipes in it are far from exciting - but Clara makes them all sound delicious! Makes me wish I had spent more time with my grandmothers' - cooking with them and listening to their stories. I wish that I had asked them more questions and had written down their answers so that I could remember it all now.

The book is being sold online for about $15 and up...not something I'd spend $15-$20 (once you add in shipping) but it is interesting - so see if you can find it at your local library.

4 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

I will look for that particular book...sounds interesting to me!

Anonymous said...

I will have to look for the book too - I like simple recipies!

TTYL
Rhonda

Fernweher said...

looks like a cute book indeed. i added to my Amazon wish to see when the price goes down, it usually does.

Blogger said...

Do you need free Instagram Likes?
Did you know you can get them AUTOMATICALLY & TOTALLY FREE by using Like 4 Like?