Friday, October 23, 2009

Yet Another Ankle Update

Yesterday I had my appointment with my orthopedic surgeon...he took a look at my ankle and said looks good. I pointed out that actually it was still swollen when compared to my other ankle (which I showed him).

I told him that two weeks ago when I tried running it was instant pain - but I tried again yesterday and it seemed mostly fine. "You need to walk fast first" he admonished...which I definitely have already been doing for weeks.

Soooo he wants me back on the Meloxicam (anti-inflammatory) for another month. He said that if I continued stressing my ankle while it's inflamed - it would stay inflamed.

He ended with "Call me in a month to let me know how it's doing."

My plan is to take the Meloxicam for another month and never see the doctor again - unless things get worse or stop improving. I feel like things have improved slowly - but continuously...so we shall see.


2 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

Did he x-ray your ankle?

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your urls with Shortest and earn cash for every visitor to your shortened urls.