Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Watch Out For All The April Fools

This morning the kids woke me up before 6:30 AM - but I stayed in bed listening to all the racket they were making. Banging, laughing, planning, sneaking.

Awhile later they come to say "good morning" to me. Even though I didn't have my specs on I noticed something wasn't quite right. The boy was dressed in the girl's garb and vice versa.

The boy shot me with a water gun.

When I walked into the kitchen a paper something or other conked me on the head (confetti was supposed to pour out...of the paper thing not my head).

Well I paid them back. I made some French Toast. They like putting powdered sugar on the French Toast. I filled the dish with flour :) The girl covered her toast in the "sugar" but unfortunately the boy dipped his finger in the "sugar" and said "hey this is FLOUR". Just a small trick - but they deserved to be gotten back at. I'm sure they were happy to have mom be a part of their shenanigans.

I went to sit down at the table and couldn't pull out my chair. The "April Fools" had struck again! Tying all the chair legs together.

What next?? Guess I'll be on tip toes all day.

3 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

Hmmm...I wonder which side of the family your kids take after!

Kara said...

Hilarious! We haven't had any pranks around here yet, but I'm working on some:)

Jennifer said...

How clever they are! I could NEVER come up with unique April Fool's Day ideas. Bright kids they are!