Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Girl's Loft

Well the girl's loft bed is finally finished. Her room is white and pink now and she's quite pleased with it.

I know it's kind of hard to tell from the photos but the loft is white, the shelves are pink and the pegboard is pink.

While we were making the loft white and pink, we decided to change her dresser to pink & white too. I wish I had taken a before and after picture of the dresser, but I didn't so you can just imagine how ugly it was with a nasty brown color.

The above photo is the top of the loft bed where the reading and sleeping actually takes place.

The photo below is kind of washed out but it's brighter so I thought it might give a better idea of the bottom of the loft. As always, if you click on the photo you'll get a larger picture.

When the sun shines through the pink curtains it actually adds a pink glow to the whole room which makes the pink loving girl happier I'm sure.

A white file cabinet fits perfectly under the desk.

5 comments:

Brian said...

This is absolutely adorable. It makes me want to go paint something! You guys did great!

CanadianGrandma said...

What a gorgeous room! So cozy!

Anonymous said...

Her room is beautiful!!
Rhonda

Edi said...

I'm amazed at all my husband is able to do...I didn't know he was such a "handyman" when I married him :)

It just makes me wonder what else I can have him make...

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I love this! My teen daughter has been trying to figure out a way to organize her room and the kind of bed she would like. Her room is small, so I think this would be perfect!