Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Last night we went to a New Year's Eve party at a friend's house.

They live an hour away from us and the kids were with us - so we didn't stay very long - but had an enjoyable time.

We got home around 10 PM - got the kids to bed...then I went to bed. I have a very hard time staying up past 10 PM - especially if I am laying or sitting still watching a movie or reading. I initially say to myself that "I'm just resting my eyes briefly" - but the periods between opening and closing the eyes gets bigger and bigger until I am just sleeping. My dh stayed up and listened to the noisy neighborhood sounds at midnight.

Today we spent doing odd jobs around the house and then in the late afternoon we dropped the kids off at my brother/sister in-law's house for them to babysit while dh and I went to a work related party. Thankfully we were able to slip out relatively early so we didn't have another late night out.

This evening my husband and I discussed our plans for 2009 and hope to have a family meeting tomorrow with the children to go over our ideas...

2 comments:

Heather said...

We did the same thing yesterday. It was interesting to see where our goals overlap and that the kids seem to be moving in the same direction.

CanadianGrandma said...

A belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to you ! I was actually awake at midnight and heard the fireworks display...I welcomed the New Year with praise and thanksgiving to our most AWESOME GOD!!!