Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Flowering Tea - China


You know how you come across something for the very first time and then you see it everywhere?

That's kind of how I feel about this tea.

I finally found some at Marshalls, bought it and put it in the girl's Christmas stocking.

This morning we made the tea. Since I don't have a glass tea pot or a glass tea mug - it wasn't as spectacular to witness the flower opening up in a ceramic-ish mug. But the kids were sufficiently impressed. After it had opened quite a bit - I transfered the "flower" to a clear plastic container and poured in more water.

The tea is "Earl Grey Black Tea" - but it's not your typical Earl Grey...there were some other flavors mixed in - as the boy stated - it tastes like it smells. And it did smell nice - but I prefer to wear rather than drink perfume.

Ingredients: black tea, jasmine flower, chrysanthemum, globe amaranth flower, carnation, tropaeolum, aristolochia debilis si, calendula officinalis, bergamot flavouring.

The girl had a couple of sips and declared she didn't really like it either.

Now I know there are varying flowers in the flowering tea department - perhaps the others are more flower looking than ours. To me it looked like a bunch of dried up twigs in a flower formation with a little flower-ish thing in the middle. Overall it was some relatively cheap fun.


3 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

How quaint! I wonder whether this is the same tea that I tried in Ontario last summer...I had asked for Earl Grey and when I tasted it I could not finish it. It,too, tasted perfumey! Normally I drink Red Rose Pekoe Tea, but they didn't have it.

Karla @ Ramblin' Roads said...

That is very cool! I haven't seen it. I'll have to watch for it.

I like most teas, but the one I tasted once and didn't care for was jasmine... so yeah, I'd look for one that didn't have jasmine in it.

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Get professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone daily.

Start following our signals right now & gain up to 270% per day.