Tuesday, December 9, 2008

FUYU Persimmon

Don't you just love the color of this persimmon?!

This beauty cost 99 cents.

I was a bit concerned that our taste test would result in a very dry mouth - but before we took a sample, I printed out some info. on persimmons and has happy to find out that the variety we bought - FUYU - is not as astringent as some.

I even loved how the persimmon looked when it was sliced - a little delicate "flower" design on the inside. And when you hold the slice up to the light - you can see that the flower portion is a bit transparent. Fun.

Both my girl and I liked the persimmon. The boy didn't. Actually to me it didn't have much flavor - but kind of reminded me of a dryish cantaloupe that wasn't quite ripe - the little flavor there was - was sweet.

2 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

The persimmon would make a nice decoration for a salad or alongside of a meat dish. GOD makes beautiful designs!

Jennifer said...

I think it looks pretty, but I don't think I'd like it. Thanks for sharing!