Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chinese Celery

I've never been a big fan of celery. You won't find me making those little peanut butter filled celery slices sprinkled with raisins - just wastes some good peanut butter and raisins.

But on occasion I do purchase celery and use very small amounts of very finely diced celery in certain recipes.


I came across some Chinese Celery recently and decided to give it a try. The stalks are very long and very thin. Because of the thin stalks I was able to dice it all up nice and small - which I liked.


Problem is the Chinese Celery is actually more potent that regular celery. I mixed a small amount into the mini beef pot pies I made - and didn't like it.

1 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

I enjoy the pale green celery (not the dark green as I find it too bitter)with cheese and raisins. Plain celery is good too. I doubt that I would like the chinese celery.