Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Poutine


Yum-a-licious is the only way to describe this delicacy!
Poutine are french fries covered in cheese curds and gravy. I have not had poutine in all the years I've been married I'm sure. On top of the poutine I sprinkled some salt, vinegar and added some ketchup. Delicious! The kids were not with me, so no sharing was necessary.
I had gone to the food court at the mall with my sister, intending to purchase something healthy like a salad. Then I saw the poutine and knew that was what I had to have. I can have a healthy salad any old day, but who knows when I'd stumble upon poutine again.
The eatery was called "New York Fries" and not only did they have poutine but you could order the fries with the "veggie works" which included cheese sauce, sour cream, green onions and tomatoes or the "works" which included chili, sour cream, cheese sauce, green onions and bacon. Let's just say it's not a low-fat meal.

1 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

That's the first time I have ever seen "poutine". It looks delicious!