Thursday, June 5, 2008

Monster Munch - Pickled Onion Flavour


Monster Munch Pickled Onion Flavour -Baked Corn Snack.

The picture of the cute monster and the bag filled with hands (belonging to the monster???) made this sale for me. I was a bit apprehensive that the kids would want to try something "pickled onion" but I think they were also interested in a snack called "Monster Munch".

The boy was quite eager to try - the girl less so. The boy loved it. The girl less so. "Too sour!" When has "too sour" bothered her before?? Well after continual tastings - the small snack was finished and we all agreed we really like them.


The hands are light and puffy and crunchy and taste very similar to a salt n vinegar potato chips.

This snack cost about $1 and is made by Walkers of the UK. You know these UK snacks come in much smaller sizes than similar USA treats. If you have a problem with snack portion control (as do I) - buying these tiny bags will help. Except if you buy 7 of the bags to make up for the small size and then proceed to polish them all off in one sitting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This treat sure looks cute ! It would definitely appeal to the kids !

Scribbit said...

Pickled Onion--now that is exotic eating :)

ames said...

Sounds like that would give you some monster breath too!

p.s. I tagged you for a 6 quirks meme, if you're interested...

Jennifer said...

Did it taste anything like a funyon? (Ok, I have no idea how to spell that snack, but I hope you know what I mean.)

Stephanie said...

Pickled Onion? Really? That sounds...um...strange. But I'd be willing to try it! :)