Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm Going Out To Smoke My Pipe...

I won't be back til Sunday night and don't let the witch in!

I'm going to be out of town for the next few days so you won't be seeing any posts from me. Heading on down to Arkansas...never been there before...except maybe in passing through. Not really sure there is much to do in Arkansas.

We're going to a Bible Camp...and we'll be tenting it. Weather forecast is mid-high 80's with a chance of thunderstorms EVERY DAY. Yikes!

The kids are very excited...

------
I'm reading an interesting book right now by Michael Paul Mason, titled "Head Cases...Stories of Brain Injury and Its Aftermath".

Just stumbled upon it at the library and it looked interesting. The book profiles individuals who have suffered traumatic brain injuries and how the injuries changed the person and their families.

The human brain is so amazing...to think there is this "thing" inside our heads that controls everything we do, everything we say, everything we think. And that "thing" is "us". It's not very large and yet it contains information and memories from minutes, hours, days and years ago.

And yet - one fall, one head bang, can "erase" everything in that "thing" and we are no longer the same person.

1 comments:

Katie Zeller said...

What a bizzarre book to be reading...
I think I'd like it.
Actually, I know I'd like it. Thanks for the tip, it's going on my Amazon list!