Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kappalandi Masala (Spicy Peanuts)


Kappalandi Masala is a snack food from India.

Kappalandi, I believe - means ground nut or peanut. The masala is "Spices, herbs and other seasonings mixed and pounded. If liquid is added, in the form of water, yoghurt or vinegar, it is referred to as a wet masala. Garam masala applies to a dry mixture."

So translated into English - I'd just call them Spicy Peanuts. And spicy they are!

Daughter tasted it and exclaimed "My tongue hurts - spicy! My tongue hurts really bad!" The boy said "Tastes like Japanese Peanuts"...almost burns your tongue off." If you like heat in your food - then these spicy nuts are for you. I think I might choke if I popped a handful into my mouth. If you like a little less heat - just mix these in with a jar of salted peanuts.



For a 8.75 oz package of these nuts, it cost $1.99.

The ingredients include: chickpea flour, rice flour, coriander, tumeric, chili powder, black pepper, salt, curry leaves, fenugreek, dry ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, cloves, peanuts, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmace.

1 comments:

Vickie said...

Hey Edi,
I have not tried to check older movies on the pluggedinonline.com site. I have been able to in the past on screenit.com
They are both great resources!
Blessings,
Vickie@PursuingSimplicity