Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Own Two Feet

Just got back from the orthopedic surgeon and he said my ankle looks GREAT -"you can't even tell it was ever broken" he said.

He said I could get out of the boot and into my shoes - and begin driving - hooray!

Twice a day for 30 min I need to do some "physical therapy" - flexing my foot up and down and side ways - also need to soak it in warm water with epsom salt. I go back to see the doc in one week.

Felt totally bizarre when I started walking - not hurting but odd...kind of like I was dizzy too. I think it will take awhile to learn to walk "normally" again. Trying to walk down the stairs caused a little scream of pain to come forth - I think that will be harder than just walking.

I'm thankful to God for this healing - and that I'm out of the boot even sooner than I thought.

2 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

Please be very careful on the stairs! I'm glad that you are returning to normal, but do it at a slow pace.

Brian said...

Yay!!! That's awesome! Glad to see your feet again! :-)