Friday, June 5, 2009

Grant's Farm


This morning we visited Grant's Farm. I don't remember how long it's been since we were there - but the boy is 7 and he doesn't remember ever being there before.

Grant's Farm costs $11 per vehicle and an additional cost if you want to: a) ride the carousel ($2) or b) feed the goats ($1 per bottle) or c) visit the elephant house ($5).

We were there for 2 hours and felt like that was enough time to see all there was to see. The kids liked it - though the boy said "I was a bit disappointed". I think disappointed that there were not more animals to see.

We did see the bird and elephant shows and it's nice to be able to get up close to the animals - unlike at some zoos... My favorite were probably the giant tortoises.

I figure a visit to Grant's Farm once every couple or so years would be often enough.

1 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

Did the kids ride the carousel? As a child I liked to do that even tho'it made me feel sick! Now I can't even watch anything going around!