Sunday, February 8, 2009

Piano Bench Project - Complete


We didn't expect to paint and upholster the piano bench until the spring and nicer weather - but with some unusually warm weather today - we (as in the royal "we" being that I didn't do much other than offer moral support and the occasional bit of advice) completed it today.

For the entire project we only spent $3 - the cost of the hinges. Everything else we had on hand...scrap wood, bench padding (cut up an old exercise mat we used for camping but no longer needed), muslin fabric to cover padding (bought years ago for an embroidery project that never got off the ground), jacobean fabric (bought a year or so ago to make a pillow cover - had excess), black paint (left over from a project).

Before

After

Inside

Side View

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wonderful work--love that material.

Aunt Spicy said...

That turned out so beautifully! And I love the over cost...what a deal! Thanks for all the great suggestions for my friends...I am going to start collecting stuff this week!

CanadianGrandma said...

How lovely! The colours complement each other!

Our Crew said...

WOW. Impressive!