Saturday, February 21, 2009

Loft(y) Ambitions...Part 2

Today the kids and dh worked on the second loft bed.

Things are far from finished - but here's a photo anyway. It still needs to be painted etc.l - but I went ahead and put some books on the shelves so I could get an idea of how things will look.

I love the long desk top (hollow core door) and all the book shelves b/c you can never have too many book shelves. On the top of the loft - at the head of the bed - there will be 2 or 3 more shelves. The foot of the bed will have a partial guard rail.

There is plenty of space under the desk top for storing Legos, Playmobil and ammunition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great - I would have loved a space like that when I was growing up :)
Rhonda

CanadianGrandma said...

Love that loft bed!

Jennifer said...

Very cool! Loft beds give you so much more space in a bedroom... and sleeping up high is just cool for kids.