Friday, January 30, 2009

Not A Very Good Way To Start The Morning

I decided to make a fresh batch of granola for breakfast this morning. We usually have cold cereal - but I thought I'd go the extra inch and whip up something a bit more interesting.

I have a great granola recipe that only takes about 15 min as it's "cooked" in the microwave.

I have an old, large, green, heavy glass bowl that I like to use for mixing bread dough and for making granola. I received the bowl for our wedding 13.5 yrs ago.

While the granola was microwaving I thought I heard a funny sound coming from the microwave - but as the microwave is actually much older than the bowl I didn't worry about it.

At the end of the timing I went to take out the granola and found a large crack down the side of the bowl :( At least the granola was not littered with bits of glass. I carefully scooped out the granola and placed it in another container. Only when I went to lift the bowl again did the whole chunk of glass break away from the bowl. Sigh.

3 comments:

Our Crew said...

That is SO sad!! But look at this way - now you'll have the fun of looking for a new fun bowl with which to replace this one. Make it a special one too! :-)

Jennifer said...

I would hate it if something special like that broke, especially if I used to as often as you used your bowl.

Haven't seen many new foods recently... I saw a Buddha's Hand at a Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago and thought of you. It smelled REALLY good!

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you got to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Have your ex CRAWLING back to you...?