Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Gourmet" Rice Pudding - Chocolate & Orange

I love rice pudding!

Generally I make the traditional variety that I grew up with...cinnamon, sugar and raisins.

My children hate raisins.

Recently I came across a rice pudding recipe that include some orange "zest" - and decided to give it a try. The recipe is a basic on-the-stove-top variety of rice pudding - but instead of adding any cinnamon & raisins, I added some zested orange while the pudding was cooking.

Then (and here is the best part), before dishing out the pudding I placed some mini chocolate chips in each bowl so that when the pudding was added the chocolate would melt.

DELICIOUS!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, and I bet the chocolate at the bottom was a fun surprise!

CanadianGrandma said...

I also made rice with cream , brown sugar, marshmallows and fruit...this, too, is delicious!

TheSaxonHus said...

I love raisins, as long as they are just that: raisins!

Don't put them in cookies, candies, or food. Just let me eat them out of the box!

I believe that is what God intended. Surely there is a Scripture supporting my position!