Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One of My Most Embarrassing Moments

Every time I drive past a certain street I remember an embarrassing incident. I drove past it again tonight so the incident is fresh in my mind.

Over a year ago I contacted a lady that was selling something on CraigsList. I made an appointment to drive on over and check out the item.

I loaded the kids into the car and headed out to a high priced area of the city. Of course I didn't know at the time that it was a high priced area.

When I got to the house I saw that there was some substantial landscaping being performed. As I walked up the driveway I noticed what appeared to be a new concrete sidewalk leading to the front door. I wasn't too sure if the concrete was completely dry or not - so, seeing one of the workers standing nearby, I asked if it was OK to walk on it. He nodded. We began walking.

We were about a third of the way up the walk when another worker starts hollering at the guy who just gave us permission to walk on the sidewalk. Turns out the concrete was NOT dry. There were little footprints behind us in the concrete...

0 comments: