Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cucumber & Spearmint Water

I've never been a big fan of bottled water. To me there is always a slight bitter aftertaste that I've never become used to. I usually only use bottled water when we are on a long car trip or picnic.

I do enjoy carbonated flavored water - whether it's sweetened with real sugar or fake sugar - not as good as soda mind you - but it'll do in a pinch.

At Target recently, I came across a couple of flavored waters - cucumber and spearmint. I think each bottle was about a dollar. This morning we tasted them both.

Cucumber results:

Dd - "Tastes like water after a cucumber has been dipped in it - pretty good!"
Ds - "Tastes nasty!"
Me - "NASTY!" Sure I like cucumbers - especially soaked in vinegar with a sprinkle of salt and pepper on top - but this water was unpleasant and it had the bitter water taste.

Spearmint results:

Ds - "MMmmm - yum...great! Tastes just like spearmint gum!"
Ds - "I like the cucumber better."
Me - "NASTY!"

I think I'll stick with my ordinary tap-water.

4 comments:

CanadianGrandma said...

I have to agree with you Edi.I'll stick with my bottled water and, of course, PEPSI!

TheSaxonHus said...

"Cucumber water"? Who in their right mind would invent such a thing?!

Water out of the tap is fine. Ice tea is also good (sweatened, of course). Then theres my Diet Caffeine Free Coke! Now that's a heavenly drink!!!

Edi said...

I just can't imagine the taste testers testing those waters and then thinking that it tasted so wonderful that they were going to have to make a bazillion of them to sell!!

*carrie* said...

It is interesting how many unusual products you can find when you keep your eyes open! I think it's so neat your family is expanding your horizons. =)