Monday, July 14, 2008

An Unusual Truck, to Say the Least

This truck was also in the running for "most unusual thing spotted" on our trip to Canada.


We were walking down the street on our first long morning walk and I think I get the credit for being the spotter.

The truck was painted with a mural of rainbows and other fanciful things (click to enlarge). That alone doesn't make it all that unusual - the unusual part is the handcrafted wooden truck camper shell that was beautifully carved in a scene filled with dragons, castles and winged horses.


Now I am not into dragons and castles but I just thought it was a cool way for this guy to advertise his skill - his vanity plate read "WOODCVR".


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is so cool! You have been finding the neatest things.

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

He is one talented guy! Wood carver hardly begins to explain his talent! I am also a transplanted Canadian, I am originally from Saskatchewan. And seeing the hickory sticks almost made me cry. LOL. Ok, I know it is silly but home is home, and Canada will always have a place in my heart. God Bless.

CanadianGrandma said...

Unique it is! I have never spotted such detailed work on a truck.

Heather said...

Wonderful.