Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie - Work's For Me Wednesday


Here is an easy summer time dessert - Peanut Butter Pie.

I am not crazy about peanut butter at all - but this pie is delicious! It's almost like eating peanut butter ice-cream.

Peanut Butter Pie

3 oz cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
1 c powdered sugar
1/2 c super crunchy peanut butter
1/2 c milk

Whip the above ingredients together with a mixer and then fold in 8 oz thawed Cool Whip. Pour into graham cracker crust and freeze until firm. Allow to thaw for 10 minutes before serving.

I did make a couple of alterations to make it a little less calorie-filled. I used Neufchatel Cheese instead of cream cheese, as it has 1/3 less fat than cream cheese. I also used fat-free Cool Whip. Even with these modifications, this dessert is still pretty decadent - but it's not something you'd have a huge slice of anyway b/c of the sweetness.

I also added some mini peanut butter cups for a "garnish". Have you ever seen these before? I found them at Big Lots for less than $2. Sorry for the sideways photo - for some reason it will not load here the proper way! I tried it two times and it keeps turning!


One way to "portion control" the serving size is to use one of these mini pie crusts. Aren't they cute? I found them last year on sale for $1 a pack and bought about 8 packs. I had some left over pie filling when I made a regular sized pie yesterday, so I made 3 mini pies for the kids and I.

For some reason kids really love miniature things - so this is a fun dessert for them, and because it's so simple to make, they can help just about make it themselves.

Easy desserts work for me! For more Works For Me Wednesday tips, visit Rock's in My Dryer.

2 comments:

ames said...

Oh wow, doesn't *that* look good! Now I'm even doubly sad that I am out of peanut butter...

The Correspondent said...

I *love* peanut butter, and this pie looks incredible! Thanks for posting the recipe. I can't wait to try it.