Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day Surprise

Just before "rest time" this afternoon, when I was already comfy-womfy on the loveseat with my book, my daughter came into the living room and said "Go down to your desk I want to show you something."

She had been on the computer so I figured it was a game or something and I didn't feel like getting up, so I told her I'd go see it after rest time.

An hour later I go down to my desk and what to my wondering eyes did I see but a "vase" full of flowers. "It's MAY hooray" the banner on the handmade vase (made from an empty plastic coffee container) stated. What a lovely surprise! Especially because I never even noticed her go to the front and cut down some of our flowers. And especially that she thought to do this when she was not feeling very well. At 5:00 AM a visitor appeared in our bedroom to say "I feel like throwing up". Hmmm not a very pleasant way to start the month of May, let alone the day.

I thought / hoped she was just feeling crummy from staying up late last night and from the allergy pill she had taken last night (wishful thinking on my part). No "unswallowing" has taken place - so I'm still hoping she'll be well by tomorrow :)

So anywhoo - around lunch hour she was laying on a chaise lounge outside soaking up the sun while I was de-scraggling the bushes in the backyard. She must has snuck into the front yard, picked the flowers and put it all together without me knowing. Not an easy task.

I'm thankful to have a little girl who thinks of flowers for me even when she's under the weather!

3 comments:

Dianna said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

How sweet that your daughter was so considerate to put together a lovely bouquet of flowers for you ! God bless you "groovy" girl !

Katie Zeller said...

Awwwww,
When I was little we used to deliver May Baskets on the first of May - in our little, small village. She was keeping up a tradition, whether she knew it or not!