Friday, April 18, 2008

Yuca - Cassava Chips


The yuca/cassava chips looked like potato chips so I was eager to try them.

Cassava is a root “vegetable”, and is the third largest source of carbohydrates for humans.

It looks like a long, skinny potato (and can actually be used in place of potatoes), and can be eaten raw or cooked. I found out that tapioca is derived from the cassava (tapioca pudding is a Sunday lunch favorite for the kids and I...serving it warm with some raspberries on top - yum!)

The chips were disappointing. Not enough salt and flavor for me. They are crisp like potato chips - but a bit thicker.


At first ds said he didn't want to try them b/c they were called "yucky". But once he tried them he really enjoyed them and kept wanting to have more. Dd didn't care for them "not much flavor...too crunchy".

1 comments:

Heather said...

I prefer yuca to potato chips--of course I am not a big fan of potato chips in the first place and my favorite chip is sweet potato. I can certainly see why you wouldn't like them. My husband is the opposite and prefers regular chips.

If you are trying alternative chips Tera chips are the best.