Friday, April 18, 2008

Yuca - Cassava Chips


The yuca/cassava chips looked like potato chips so I was eager to try them.

Cassava is a root “vegetable”, and is the third largest source of carbohydrates for humans.

It looks like a long, skinny potato (and can actually be used in place of potatoes), and can be eaten raw or cooked. I found out that tapioca is derived from the cassava (tapioca pudding is a Sunday lunch favorite for the kids and I...serving it warm with some raspberries on top - yum!)

The chips were disappointing. Not enough salt and flavor for me. They are crisp like potato chips - but a bit thicker.


At first ds said he didn't want to try them b/c they were called "yucky". But once he tried them he really enjoyed them and kept wanting to have more. Dd didn't care for them "not much flavor...too crunchy".

2 comments:

Heather said...

I prefer yuca to potato chips--of course I am not a big fan of potato chips in the first place and my favorite chip is sweet potato. I can certainly see why you wouldn't like them. My husband is the opposite and prefers regular chips.

If you are trying alternative chips Tera chips are the best.

Md Shahidul Haq said...

Well, The chip is my Favorite Chip. Sweet Potato Chips. Thanks to the admin post my favorite potato chip. I got 50 pack free. If you want free 50 pack Your Favorite Chip! https://goo.gl/Pmb2r4